Green Home Features
We are an Environmentally Responsible
New Home Builder.
Our homes protect our environment
lower cost of homeownership.
Our Green Features Include:
Low E Insulated Windows:
· Insulated Windows increases the R-value of a window, saves $$ on energy bills
· Low E glass UV Ray direction allows heat penetration in winter and reflects heat in the summer. Saves Money on energy bills as well as reducing fabric fading
Reduced heat gain/loss of conditioned air, saving you Money on your energy bill by:
· R-38 Insulation in attic
· R-15 Insulation on exterior 2 x 4 walls
· Supplemental Insulation Board on exterior walls excluding plywood bracing areas
· Sill plate sealed
· No ductwork located in unconditioned space / exterior wall
· Furnace located to minimize length of total duct runs
· Ductwork joints sealed (mastic/ aluminum tape)
· Optional Fireplaces are vented to exterior
· All penetrations of home's exterior are sealed
Balanced air-flow throughout home for even temperature we:
· Optimize airflow for each room
· Utilize return-air supplies in bedrooms*
· Ducting provides a more efficient air-flow with less stress on mechanicals, so all of our HVAC supplies and returns are fully ducted
Other energy saving features include:
· Light-colored interior walls, ceiling and soffit (reflects light). Reflection of light reduces need for energy-powered lighting
· Programmable thermostat*
· Energy Star appliances (where available)
· High-Efficiency furnace and water heater (90%)
· 13 SEER Cooling equipment**
· Insulated sliding glass window in basement window well.
*Also benefits for heightened indoor air quality.
**Cooling Systems available as optional on some feature packages. Consult Sales Representative for details.
Heightened indoor air quality which reduces the pollutants in the air and provides our customers a safer living environment:
Reduced indoor air pollutants by using:
· Optional Fireplaces which are direct vented to exterior
· Range Hoods and Microwaves that are direct vented to exterior
· Carbon Monoxide Alarm on each floor level alerts you of dangerous air quality
Other air and moisture infiltration measures include:
· Tyvek™ House Wrap and tape, Tyvek is the industry leader for house-wrap.
· Bath Fans strategically located to reduce condensation in bathrooms
· Furnaces Sized according to ASHRAE Standards
Efficient use of building materials which conserves our planet's resources and provides our customers with
lower lifecycle costs:
We conserve our planet’s resources by:
· Not using of tropical hardwoods
· Design the home to minimize material waste
· Reusable concrete foundation forms
· Reusing all site topsoil
· Installing carpeting and pads made with recycled materials
· Storm water management control which reduces pollution of lakes and rivers
Reduced home maintenance costs by:
· Engineered exterior siding (Smart Siding and Fiber-cement)***
· Primed or prefinished siding & exterior trim
· Vinyl Siding – Maintenance Free
Reduced water consumption by:
· Water efficient faucets for kitchen, bathroom, showerheads
· Water efficient toilets
· High Recovery Hot Water Heaters
Other conservation features include:
· Pre-finished hardwood and engineered hardwood flooring*** which is produced in a controlled climate and has a longer lifespan than carpeting
· Mercury free thermostats which reduce mercury pollution
· The use of Trusses, OSB Plywood which utilize renewable resources
** Please consult Sales Representative for details.
*** Option upgrade.
Next --> Immediate Delivery Homes